One of my favorite recipes I have stubble upon that has some asian flare:
Teriyaki Chicken and Rice
- 12 oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup rice, your choice (brown, whole wheat, white)
- 2 pieces of bok choy
- Cashews (handful)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Ginger (I buy the whole ginger root)
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Bring 1 cup coconut milk, 1/2 cup water, and pinch of salt to boil in a small pot.
- Now you have options
- You can add the brown rice, cover, and let simmer for 25-30 minutes until rice is cooked
- Or if you are like me, I by the bagged rice and boil separately then add it about 3 minutes before and let simmer.
- Set rice mixture aside
- Trim and discard the boot of the bok choy. Thinly slice the white end, leave the leaves whole.
- Mince the garlic
- Peel and grate 2 teaspoons of ginger.
- Cut chicken into small square pieces or thin strips.
- In a small bowl, combing the soy sauce, ginger, garlic, 1 T of honey, and 1T water. This will be your teriyaki sauce
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in skillet over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper then add to pan and cook until brown and cooked through.
- Set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in same pan over medium heat. Add bok choy. Tossing until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and teriyaki sauce to pan.
- Toss until sauce becomes a little thicker, about 2-3 minutes.
- Time to serve
- Serve over bed of rice
- Sprinkle with cashews and sesame seeds
- Drizzle extra sauce over top and
Voila! Enjoy and always #travelwithanappetite