fem-i-nisn (noun): the advocacy of women’s right on the basis of equality of the sexes
I believe in:
- promoting equality between women and men and girls and boys, and supports constitutional and statutory measures to gain full equality locally, statewide, nationally, and globally.
- supporting safe, legal and accessible abortion, contraception, and family planning, including Medicaid funding and access for minors.
- civil rights for all people, including affirmative action programs for women and people of color.
- supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender rights.
- promoting non-violence and works to eliminate violence against women (and men!). No one should be the subject to acts of violence.
I wasn’t aware of the rallies that were planned today, but all over the United States and the world. People are standing up for women’s right. Photos from Women’s Marches
I understand that many individuals are afraid that the some of our rights as humans and rights specifically for women are being taken away under our new president.
I support the rallies and the advocation for individuals rights as long as the rallies are not acting in violent manors.
I also want to encourage more individuals to not only march, but more people need to reach out to their state representatives and congressman by writing letters or making appointments. You need to participate in voting for not only the presidential elections, but your local elections to. These are the people that you elect to speak for you, your family, and friends.
As a nurse I dedicated my life to advocating for myself and others. To make a peaceful and healthy world. I believe in the Upstream approach: preventing problems before they occur rather than how now we already have problems and treat them.
My message to all is use your voice in a positive manner to advocate for what you believe in, thank you.
P.S. please watch this video He for She Speech at the UN